How do I obtain a marriage license?

Obtaining a Marriage License

To obtain a marriage license in Wyoming, couples must appear in person at 200 S Willow St, Jackson, WY 83001, be 18 years of age or older, and present a picture ID - Driver's License, Passport, Military ID, School ID. If you are 16 or 17, a signed written consent of the father, mother, guardian or person having the care and control of the minor. The written consent shall be proved by the testimony of at least 1 competent witness. If you are 15 or younger, a Judge’s court order is required.

Both individuals should complete a marriage license form (PDF) and bring it, along with their photo ID, to the County Clerk's Office to obtain a Marriage License. You will be asked to give your:

  • Current residential address
  • Date of birth
  • Father’s first, middle, and last name, and the state or foreign country he was born
  • Mother’s first, middle, and maiden last name, and the state or foreign country she was born
  • Place of birth (State or Foreign Country)
  • Social security number

License Fee

The License fee is $30 payable by cash, check, debit or credit card ($1.50 service fee will apply if using a card). Visa, MasterCard and Discover cards are accepted. 

Waiting Period

There is no waiting period in Wyoming. Blood tests are not required in Wyoming. A Wyoming marriage license can only be used in the State of Wyoming. The application expires one year from the date of issuance.  


Marriage ceremonies are not performed in our office, or at the  courthouse. You must make your own arrangements to have an Officiant  perform your ceremony. View a list of local officiants (PDF). If you are bringing someone with you to perform your ceremony, that's okay!  We do not require documentation regarding their credentials, however, they must qualify by statute:

Who may solemnize marriage; form of ceremony per Wyoming State Statute 20-1-106: 

  • (a)  Every district or circuit court judge, district court commissioner, supreme court justice, magistrate and every licensed or ordained minister of the gospel, bishop, priest or rabbi, or other qualified person acting in accordance with the traditions or rites for the solemnization of marriage of any religion, denomination or religious society, may perform the ceremony of marriage in this state.
  • (b)  In the solemnization of marriage no particular form is required, except that the parties shall solemnly declare in the presence of the person performing the ceremony and at least two (2) attending witnesses that they take each other as husband and wife.


Obtaining a Certified Copy of Your Marriage License

Certified copies of a marriage license are normally needed when changing a name, adding someone to your insurance, etc. Certified copies are issued by Wyoming Vital Statistics Services. Please visit their website for more information:    

Show All Answers

1. Where do I go to vote on election day?
2. How can I vote absentee?
3. How do I obtain a marriage license?