News Flash

Fire/EMS News

Posted on: October 18, 2019

Gas Leak at Karns Meadow Well House

Level A

Jackson Hole Fire/EMS were called to mitigate a gas leak at the Karns Meadow well house on the morning of Tuesday, October 15, 2019. Upon arrival, responders recognized the hazard of the chlorine gas leak and requested.  Team members changed into Level A hazmat suites to make entry into the well house.  Two compressed cylinders of chlorine gas were turned off and gas levels were monitored to ensure the leak had been terminated.

Emergency responders worked for two hours to ensure public and responder safety as the hazard was mitigated.  No area evacuations were required.  The Town of Jackson Public Works staff provided critical information for the mitigation crew throughout the event.

“This was a very high-risk incident, said Battalion Chief Fire Marshal Kathy Clay.  “Having the well-trained and ready Region 8 team here in Teton County provided the safest and quickest mitigation to this chlorine gas leak.”

The Region 8 Response Team consists of 17 multiagency members including Jackson Hole Fire/EMS who receive specialized training for hazardous material incidents and bomb threats.

Facebook Twitter Email

Other News in Fire/EMS News

Carr_Fuel Farm_Tripod

Confined Space Training

Posted on: October 25, 2019
ladder training web

Firefighter 1 Class

Posted on: October 10, 2019
stop

Stop The Bleed

Posted on: May 30, 2019