Jackson Hole Fire/EMS is committed to the health and safety of its members. Line of duty deaths and disabilities are devastating and it is the goal of this department to mitigate the risk factors that lead to these incidents as much as possible with an ongoing medical screening process as as an annual physical assessment test. This is to ensure that candidates and operational members are physically able to perform essential job tasks on emergency scenes. Our Work Capacity test is timed in full bunker gear and SCBA. Average time for Jackson Fire/EMS members is between 4 and 6 minutes to complete the following events.
1. Hose Drag - Pull uncharged hose line 200 feet
2. Stair Climb - Must climb 3 flights of stairs wearing a 40 pound high rise pack on shoulders.
3. Hose Hoist - Hand over hand rope pull of of 40 pounds up a 40 foot wall
4. Kaiser Sled - Using an 8 pound mall
5. Ladder Carry/Set - Carry a single fly ladder and set up
6. Rescue - Drag a 180 pound dummy fifty feet
7. 2 minutes of CPR