Jackson Housing Ombudsman Program: The Jackson Housing Ombudsman program was created to assist persons in the town of Jackson with housing concerns. They are here to assist and mediate landlord and tenant disputes, assist in resolving conflicts, document and identify issues and problems with residential rentals and landlord-tenant relationships. They can help with mediation, and document & investigate your claims. For their website click here.
Teton County Access to Justice:
Teton County Access to Justice provides legal services including the following:
- A self-help legal resource center
- Reference assistance in legal resources 1:00 to 5:00 p.m. Monday – Thursday
- Free seminars in legal topics
- Free law clinics offered periodically
- Assistance in filling out do-it-yourself legal forms
- Intake to determine eligibility for further free legal services
- Free civil legal services to income eligible persons within the priorities set by statute (up to 10 hours)
- Referrals to pro bono or reduced-fee attorneys
- The Teton County Access to Justice Center is funded by Equal Justice Wyoming, other private grants, and the generous donations of the Teton County Community.
For the Teton County Access to Justice website click here.
One22: One22 is a local non-profit providing a range of human services to local residents, including help managing the landlord-tenant relationship under certain circumstances. For their website click here.
Energy Conservation Works: A local program providing homeowners access to both no-interest and low-interest loans for home insulation, weatherization, energy efficient windows, energy efficient heaters, fuel switching to natural gas, solar panels, and solar water heaters. For their website click here.
State and Federal Resources
For state and federal resources concerning landlord/tenant matters please click on the following links:
Wyoming Small Claims Court Rules and Process
Statewide Free Legal Services
- The University of Wyoming Student Legal Clinic (Civil Matters)
- The Wyoming State Bar Modest Means Program (legal services for qualifying low income state residents)
- Equal Justice Wyoming (a state funded and statewide program providing legal information and civil legal services to Wyoming's low income citizens)
United States Department of Housing and Urban Development: General information about tenant rights, laws, and protections in Wyoming.