Special Event Permit Information


HB0049 was signed by the Governor this week (April 12, 2021). The bill is a fee increase for food licenses only and it takes effect on July 1st. All food licenses will be double, so a new license will be $200, renewals will be $100, and temporary permits will be $50. Any new licenses or temporary permits issued on July 1st or after will be at the new rate. If a temporary license is issued prior to July 1st for an event in July the fee will only be $25. 

If you are planning a "special event" in Teton County where food will be served, you will need to do the following:

  • Contact the Environmental Health Office at 307-732-8490, Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. to see if a Temporary Food License / Application (PDF) is required - (Cost is $50 per event - see attached form). Applications need be given at least 14 days prior to event. You may email permits to Kat Bratz at kat.bratz@wyo.gov
  • If the Event is taking place within the Town of Jackson, your event will require a Special Event Permit. If the Event is outside the Town limits and within Teton County, your event will require a County Special Event Application. If you have any questions regarding Town applications, please contact Carl Pelletier.
  • If you intend to cook on-site you will want to contact Jackson Hole Fire & EMS about any fire code requirements. Call (307) 732-8588 for Fire Inspector Lisa Potzernitz or (307) 732-8547 for Fire Inspector Ryan McPadden.